Bauer Exclusive Mercedes 500K Spezial Roadster 1:12
1.495,00 EUR RRP 1.699,00 EUR you save 12% (204,00 EUR)
incl. 19 % VAT excl. shipping costs
delivery time: 3-7 days
Product.Nr.: S018H (braun)
In just 20 seconds, the „Teutonic Beast“, as one English journalist called the car, could accelerate from 0 to 100 kilometres per hour.
Bauer, has done his best to emulate this automotive icon at a scale of 1:12.
The result in a hand-fi nished miniature, which consists of over 1,959 individual parts and is limited to 2,000 editions worldwide. Here, a wide range of materials are brought together with the precision of a Swiss chronograph to create a unique masterpiece. Last but not least, the sharp contours of the instrumentation underscore the lavish luxury of the model. The many other precisely reproduced details make it clear that the model is a true miniature work of art.
- Model: Fertigmodell, handmontiertes Präzisionsmodell
- Manufacturer: Heinrich Bauer GmbH & Co.KG, Nürnberg, Germany
- Scale: 1:12
- Colour: brown
- Art.-No.: S018H
- Limited Edition: 2000
- More than 1,959 individual parts
- The doors, bonnet, rear seat bench and indicator are all flexible
- Wheels, including spare wheel, can be removed
- The map compartments can be folded up, as can the glove compartment lid
- A tiny lever in the model‘s interior can be used to adjust the side ventilation flaps at the front windshield, just like in the original
- The star in the radiator is remove-able
- The fuel cap cover can be opened
- The roof can be closed but, while open, has a covering that remains true to the original
- Sharp contours of the instrumentation
Among the different versions of the already luxurious 500K model that were developed, the very rare Special Roadster was, in many ways, the jewel in the automotive crown. In total, Mercedes-Benz manufactured just 25 of these ultimate luxury vehicles. Thanks to the Roots-type supercharger, which could be actuated from the accelerator pedal, this open-top sports car was capable of reaching speeds few other series production cars of its time could manage. In 1934, 100 kilometres per hour was considered to be the sound barrier for all regular series car models – the Special Roadster was about to raise the bar to 160 kilometres per hour.
- Engine:Water-cooled eight-cylinder series motor, camshaft at the side, actuated by spur gears
- Capacity:100 hp (or 160 hp with actuated dual lobe Roots blower)
- Displacement: 5,018 ccm
- Maximum speed: 160 km/h
- Wheelbase: 3,290 mm
- Front and rear gauge: 1,535/1,547 mm respectively
- Total length: 5,000 mm
- Kerb weight: 2,250 kg
- Consumption: 27 l per 100 km